Office of the Worker AdvisorThe Office of the Worker Advisor is independent of the Workers Compensation Board and assists injured workers and their families to receive the benefits they are entitled to under the Workers Compensation Act and, in particular, to navigate the appeals process.
The Worker Advisor can:
- provide general information about the Workers Compensation Board's system, policies, procedures and the appeal process
- advise injured workers on what actions they can take and help gather necessary information
- gain full access to a worker's file upon the request of the worker
- determine if the problem with a claim can be resolved through an appeal
- help prepare a written or oral appeal
- represent a worker, or other dependants, at an appeal hearing, at no charge.
How to use the service:
- contact the Office of the Worker Advisor by telephone, fax or email
- provide the basic information concerning your claim and the nature of your problem
- always refer to your compensation claim number and cleary state what you want
- please call and arrange an appointment with the Worker Advisor before coming to the office.
Phone: (902) 368-6460 or toll-free: 1-800-658-1806