Office of the Employer AdvisorThe Office of the Employer Advisor assists PEI employers and employer associations with statutory interpretation; application; and administration of the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as the policies, procedures and practices of the Workers Compensation Board of PEI.
The Office of the Employer Advisor provides independent advice, assistance, representation and training in the following areas:
- claims management,
- classifications and assessments,
- workplace health and safety, and
- responds to inquiries from employers about Workers Compensation and Occupational Health and Safety legislation, decisions, appeals and related matters;
- assists employers in dealings with the Employer Services, Client Services and Occupational Health and Safety Divisions of the Workers Compensation Board;
- prepares submissions to the Internal Reconsideration Officer (IRO) and the Workers Compensation Appeal Tribunal (WCAT) and assist employers in cases involving complex policy, medical and/or legal issues;
- conducts training workshops and public speaking engagements on topics dealing with claims management, classifications and assessments, workplace health and safety and appeals;
- reviews and make recommendations on Workers Compensation legislation and policy.
Funding for the Office of the Employer Advisor is provided through employer assessments paid to the Workers Compensation Board of PEI and therefore no fees are charged for its services. However, the Employer Advisor operates independently of the Workers Compensation Board.
40B Burns Avenue, Charlottetown
Phone: (902) 368-6132
Facsimile: (902) 368-4382