Municipal Elections PEI 2014
Women in GovernmentOf the 437 municipal council seats available during the upcoming November 3rd municipal elections, only 135 (31%) are currently held by women. One of the Municipal Affairs and Provincial Planning Division's key objectives during this election is to encourage more Islanders to put their name forward to run in municipal elections and that includes boosting the number of women candidates as well.
If you are a woman interested in becoming a municipal councillor in your municipality there are a number of resources available to you to become better informed, and if you choose, help you through the process of becoming elected. We encourage you to look through the following documents and contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
- PEI Advisory Council on Status of Women
- PEI Coalition for Women in Government
- Nova Scotia Advisory Council on Status of Women
- Elections PEI - Women in Prince Edward Island Politics
- New from the PEI Advisory Council on the Status of Women, Women Care for Communities
Subscribe to the Island Information Twitter feed or the PEI Government Facebook page to receive updates or alerts. Share this site with your social network.