aussi disponible en français
March 5, 2013
For immediate release
Additional road improvements announced
Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal
An additional $2.3 million in road and bridge projects will benefit local communities while strengthening the Island economy this construction season, says Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal Minister Robert Vessey.
“Strategic investments not only mean safer roads, they also improve the quality of life in our Island communities,” said the minister. “Our government is pleased to invest in efficient and safe roads.”
The second round of tenders for the 2013 construction season was released today. These projects are in addition to the nearly $5 million in projects announced earlier this year.
The second round of projects includes:
• Elmsdale, Route 2 - Road construction consisting of cold planing and placing two lifts of asphalt for a distance of 790 metres;
• Midgell, Route 2 - Road construction consisting of cold planing and placing two lifts of asphalt for a distance of 1.4 kilometers;
• St. Eleanors, Route 2 - Road construction consisting of cold planing and placing one lift of asphalt for a distance of 1.6 kilometers;
• York, Intersection of Route 25 and 220 - Road construction consisting of cold planing and placing granular and 2 lifts of asphalt for a total distance of 520 metres;
• Bonshaw Bridge - Structure widening; and
• Cornwall (Ferry Road) Bridge - Structure replacement.
To learn more about tendering opportunities, please visit www.gov.pe.ca/tenders.