aussi disponible en français
July 18, 2014
For immediate release
MacDougall Steel Erectors Inc. expanding to meet growing product demands
When opportunity knocks businesses often need to adapt in order to reap potential rewards. That is exactly what MacDougall Steel Erectors Inc. is doing. The Company has expanded to handle larger components and larger volumes of structural steel in their Borden-Carleton facility.
The Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency), and Premier Robert Ghiz joined company officials, stakeholders and guests today to announce government investments in the company.
MacDougall Steel Erectors Inc. has constructed a new facility to help it meet the growing demand for their products and improve their productivity.
• The Government of Canada, through ACOA’s Business Development Program, provided a repayable contribution of $500,000 to support the expansion project.
• The Government of Prince Edward Island has provided $3.7 million in new financing towards the $4.5 million plant. Further, the Province is providing a Labour Rebate for up to $585,000 towards the 40 new positions to be created and a $41,000 non-repayable contribution towards a workers’ training facility. The training facility will be able to educate as many as 30 trainees per year.
• Through this expansion, MacDougall Steel Erectors will have the capabilities to meet growing demand for their products and services.
• MacDougall Steel Erectors was established in 1998 and is now one of the largest steel fabrication companies in Atlantic Canada.
“To successfully meet current and projected demands for products and services, companies must invest in productivity to remain competitive. Our Government is pleased to support innovative companies like MacDougall Steel Erectors Inc. as they seek new opportunities to increase sales and therefore create growth and positive economic spin-offs within their own local economy.”
- The Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency)
“I am proud that together we are able to help MacDougall Steel Erectors expand to meet the opportunities of a growing marketplace. We are showing that the Island can be an excellent base of operations from which companies can serve clients anywhere in the world.”
- The Honourable Robert Ghiz, Premier of Prince Edward Island
“This expansion has afforded our company new opportunity for work. In fact, MSE has already been awarded contracts that would not have been possible for us to complete with the shop and our equipment prior to this expansion. This takes us to a whole different level in the Industry. In growing and developing our company, one of MSE’s objectives is to keep Islanders employed – providing families with a good income and benefits. We are very grateful to both the Provincial and Federal Governments for their participation in making this newest expansion possible.”
- Mr. Ron MacDougall, President, MacDougall Steel Erectors Inc.