Office of Energy Efficiency
Residential Energy Efficiency Program
The PEI Energy Efficiency Program is an incentive program for residential property owners who wish to upgrade the energy efficiency of their properties. It consists of a grant program to assist with the implementation of eligible upgrades.List of eligible PEI energy efficiency upgrades
As a residential property owner, select the upgrades you want to implement from the above list. Then, apply to the PEI Energy Efficiency Grant Program. Your application must be approved before starting any work. An inspection prior to work starting and after work is complete will also be required. You will have 6 months to complete the upgrades indicated.
Steps to Completion:
- Complete and submit your Application, Declaration and provide written quote(s) from your contractor(s) and/or material supplier(s) and any other supporting documentation required as identified on the application.
If you print your application form at home, please ensure that all sections print out. Applications that are missing sections will not be accepted. Applicants must have their signature witnessed by OEE staff or Access PEI staff. You will be required to provide government issued photo identification at the time of signing your application.
Incomplete applications which are received by the OEE will be returned to the client by regular mail. Estimates must include the manufacturers name and complete model numbers for all materials and equipment being installed.
- Once your application and quote(s) are reviewed you will be contacted to book your “Pre-Inspection”.
- Have a “Pre-inspection” completed.
- Once application with quote(s) is approved and “Pre-Inspection” has been completed a “Letter of Acceptance” will be issued. As stated in the Declaration which all clients must sign, work may not begin until they have received approval in writing. Approval in writing will not be given until a pre-inspection has been completed.
- Once you receive your “Letter of Acceptance” you may complete your work.
- Submit the original copy of paid receipt(s) from contractor(s) and/or material supplier(s). Ensure work not covered under program is not included or is priced separately on paid receipt(s). Ensure description of work is included and detailed on paid receipt(s).
- Call the “Office of Energy Efficiency” when your work is completed at 620-3690 or 1-877-734-6336 and book an appointment for a “Post-Inspection” and have it completed. This must be completed within the 6 month deadline noted on your “Letter of Acceptance”
Other programs available include the Home Energy Low-Income Program for low income applicants.