Office of Energy Efficiency
Residential Energy Efficiency ProgramSeptember 26, 2013
Because of a high demand for air-source heat pumps, the funding available for grants under the Office of Energy Efficiency is nearing full commitment.
In order to ensure funding is available for energy saving initiatives that benefit low-income Islanders, this year's grant program will close on October 15th. The Office of Energy Efficiency will still accept, and process, applications for all grants received up to that date.
After October 15th, Islanders with a total household income of $35,000 or less will still be able to access the Home Energy Low-Income Program (HELP). Under this program, a tradesperson will complete comprehensive air-sealing (caulking and weatherstripping on windows and doors) free of charge.
Effective October 15, 2013, the PEI Energy Efficiency Grant Program will stop accepting applications.
- Clients are reminded that they need to submit a completed Application Form, program Declaration along with an estimate from your supplier prior to the October 15th deadline.
- Applications will not be accepted unless they are accompanied by an estimate for all work being contemplated along with a signed Declaration (Application Forms and Declarations are available on our website www.gov.pe.ca/oee/residential).
- If you print your application form at home, please ensure that all sections print out. Applications that are missing sections will not be accepted.
- Applicants must have their signature witnessed by OEE staff or Access PEI staff. You will be required to provide government issued photo identification at the time of signing your application.
- Incomplete applications which are received by the OEE will be returned to the client by regular mail. Clients must then resubmit the application with the proper documentation prior to the October 15th deadline.
- Estimates must include the manufacturers name and complete model numbers for all materials and equipment being installed.
- Once a completed application has been received and accepted by the OEE, staff will review the application to determine its eligibility.
- Once eligibility has been determined, only then will a pre-inspection be scheduled.
- As stated in the Declaration which all clients must sign, work may not begin until they have received approval in writing. Approval in writing will not be given until a pre-inspection has been completed.
The PEI Energy Efficiency Program is an incentive program for residential property owners who wish to upgrade the energy efficiency of their properties. It consists of a grant program to assist with the implementation of eligible upgrades.List of eligible PEI energy efficiency upgrades
PEI Energy Efficiency Grant Program Application Package
As a residential property owner, select the upgrades you want to implement from the above list. Then, apply to the PEI Energy Efficiency Grant Program. Your application must be approved before starting any work. An inspection prior to work starting and after work is complete will also be required. You will have 6 months to complete the upgrades indicated.
STEPS TO COMPLETION:
Step 1: Complete and submit your "Application", "Declaration" and provide written quote(s) from your contractor(s) and/or material supplier(s) and any other supporting documentation required as identified on the application.
Step 2: Once your application and quote(s) are reviewed you will be contacted to book your “Pre-Inspection”.
Step 3: Have a “Pre-inspection” completed.
Step 4: Once application with quote(s) is approved and “Pre-Inspection” has been completed a “Letter of Acceptance” will be issued.
Step 5: Once you receive your “Letter of Acceptance” you may complete your work.
Step 6: Submit the original copy of paid receipt(s) from contractor(s) and/or material supplier(s). Ensure work not covered under program is not included or is priced separately on paid receipt(s). Ensure description of work is included and detailed on paid receipt(s).
Step 7: Call the “Office of Energy Efficiency” when your work is completed at 620-3690 or 1-877-734-6336 and book an appointment for a “Post-Inspection” and have it completed. This must be completed within the 6 month deadline noted on your “Letter of Acceptance”
List of Natural Resources Canada approved energy advisors (follow up inspections for existing ecoEnergy clients)
Other programs available include the Home Energy Low-Income Program for low income applicants.