Counselling ServicesAddiction Services:
- Toll Free 1-888-299-8399
- Provincial Addictions Treatment Facility, Charlottetown (bilingual services available) (902) 368-4120
- Alberton (counselling) (902) 853-8670
- Alberton (withdrawal management) (902) 853-0401
- Summerside (bilingual services available) (902) 888-8380
- Montague (902) 838-0960
- Souris (902) 687-7110
Provides support to people (including children and adolescents) with addiction and affected by addiction.
Community Mental Health Services:
- Charlottetown McGill Centre (902) 368-4911
- Charlottetown Richmond Centre (bilingual services available) (902) 368-4430
- Summerside (bilingual services available) (902) 888-8180
- Montague (bilingual services available) (902) 838-0960
- Souris (bilingual services available) (902) 687-7110
- O'Leary (bilingual services available) (902) 853-8670
- Alberton (bilingual services available) (902) 853-8670
Treatment, assessment and consultation services for adults and children.
Family Service PEI:
- (toll free) 1-866-892-2441
- Charlottetown (902) 892-2441
- Summerside (902) 436-9171
Individual, family and couples counselling - fee based service. Fee subsidy available for those who cannot afford full fee.
Credit and/or financial counselling - it is always free to meet with a Credit Counsellor.
Catholic Family Services Bureau:
- Charlottetown (902) 894-3515
The Bureau is a non-denominational, not-for-profit agency that provides professional counselling, educational and advocacy services to individuals, groups, couples, parents, children, teens and families. There is a sliding fee scale based on family size and income. General Inquiries: (902) 566-1864, (toll free) 1-866-566-1864
PEI Rape and Sexual Assault Centre
Counselling Referral Line: (902) 368-8055, (toll free) 1-888-368-8055
- General Inquiries: (902) 566-1864 (toll free) 1-866-566-1864
Counselling Services for adult female and males survivors of childhood sexual abuse and sexual assault. Information and support for family members of survivors. Information, training and workshops provided about the impact of sexual violence, healthy relationships, and dating violence.
Are you or is someone you know a survivor of sexual violence? Here is a link to a short powerful, inspirational video with a message of hope produced by the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We encourage all survivors - women and men, girls and boys - in Prince Edward Island to Speak Up and to seek confidential support.
Inventory of Services Available for Survivors of Sexual Abuse and Sexual Assault:
The Provincial Child Sexual Abuse Advisory Committee has developed an inventory of counselling services that are available to survivors of sexual abuse. The document can be seen here.