Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Central Kings Pastoral Charge of the United Church of Canada was created in 1965 with the amalgamation of the pastoral charges of Dundas and Annandale, and Georgetown, Sturgeon and Milltown Cross.
St. David's United Church, located in Georgetown, Prince Edward Island, was originally established as a Presbyterian church in 1837 The congregation included the adjacent communities of Sturgeon, Alliston, Brudenell, Burnt Point, Boughton Island, Montague, Cardigan and Whim Road. When the United of Church of Canada was established in 1925, the Georgetown congregation became part of a pastoral charge which also included Sturgeon and Milltown Cross.
The United Church in Dundas, Prince Edward Island also began as a Presbyterian congregation. In 1845 a small church was built at Albion Cross where visiting ministers from neighbouring communities held services. In 1859 Dundas was organized as a separate congregation and the first ordained Minister, Rev. Allan MacLean, came in 1862. During his tenure a new larger church was completed in 1870. Briefly between 1882 and 1888 Dundas and Cardigan were united in one charge.
In 1898, the Annandale congregation, which had begun as Grand River Presbyterian, joined Dundas to form the Dundas and Annandale Charge. The original Annandale church was shared with the Baptist congregation until a new church opened in1881. The Annandale Presbyterian congregation was initially affiliated with the Bay Fortune and Souris charges. With Church Union in 1925 the Dundas and Annandale charge became a pastoral charge of the United Church of Canada.