New London Hall Company

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

New London Hall Company

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


On 21 October 1891, a meeting of residents of New London, Prince Edward Island, interested in the erection of a public hall at Clifton was held at the Court House. A provisional committee consisting of Archibald Campbell, John Murray, Hugh McKay, William McKay and D.A Sutherland was formed. A regular board of directors was appointed after incorporation in 1892. A tract of land was purchased from David MacGregor and New London Hall was built. Upon its completion, the provincial government agreed to lease the building for at least 10 years at an annual rent of $80, for a Court House. This lease was continued until 1959. New London Hall was built in 1892 and the first meeting was held in December.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes