Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
As the number of Women's Institutes increased in Prince Edward Island, it became impossible for the Supervisor and her assistant to visit each Institute every year. As a result, district conventions were established in 1928 to allow for yearly visits to a number of Institutes at the same time and to provide a venue for the sharing of ideas and problems amongst neighbouring Institutes.
Women's Institute Convention Area B10 was established ca. 1928. It originally included Springpark, Marshfield, Stanhope, York, Central, East, and West Royalty Institutes. Over the next 50 years, membership in the convention appears to have varied as has its name. Other institutes which were involved in the convention include Covehead Road, West Covehead, Millcove, North and South Winsloe, Pleasant Grove, Suffolk, Dunstaffnage, Alpha, Harrington, South Milton, and Grand Tracadie. Originally referred to as the Annual Convention of the attending Institutes, the convention was officially called the North Shore No. 2 Women's Institute Convention (1960), North Shore Queens #2 Women's Institute Convention (1964), District Convention Area No. 10 (1969), and Women's Institute Convention Area B10 (1970).