Young Speakers for Agriculture
(2014 PEI Young Speaker for Agriculture Winner, Melanie Wood of the North River 4-H Club)
Speech for the Top!
Contestants prepare a five to seven-minute speech on one of five agriculture-related topics and present it in competition before our a live audience and panel of judges at 4-H Day at Old Home Week -- Wednesday, August 17 at 5:30 pm.
What is required?
What are the 2016 speech topics?
- What is the impact of public opinion on Canadian farmers?
- How would you explain a GMO to a non-farmer?
- What does the next generation of agriculture bring to the table?
- How can we improve the media's perception of Canadian agriculture?
- Old MacDonald had a farm... But what about Mrs. MacDonald?
What is the prize?
Thanks to generous support from PEI Credit Unions, the top speaker will be awarded $1000.00 to use towards expenses related to traveling to Toronto to represent PEI in the the Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture Competition in November, 2016.
Prizes at the National level contest range from $150 - $1,000!
4-H Members between the age of 16-24 as of the date of the competition, who have never participated in this competition at the national level.
Who is eligible?
How do I apply?
1. Read the information about the competition in the 2016 Exhibition Book.
2. Complete the 2016 Application Form and submit it to PEI 4-H Provincial Council before 5:00 pm on Friday, July 15. Speakers will be notified in writing with more details about the provincial competition within 7-10 days following the application deadline.
More information about the national competition is available at: Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture Inc.