Skip to Main Content
Today in Island History
1813 Island lawyer William Johnston is named the colony's Attorney General. Tenacious, talented, and merciless, he is sufficiently unprincipled to prosper in the rat-pit of Island politics. 1867 A new drill shed is officially opened on the lower end of Kent Street near Government Pond. 1903 Locals in Eastern King's call it "Pig Day," when farmers ship hogs to the local pork packing plant. This year, much concern is expressed about "fish-fed hogs," and about renegade porkers running at large in the countryside.
print small medium large 


Buy a PEI Heritage Passport

Use the passport to gain access to any three of our seven sites

Passport Prices * tax not included

  • Adult - $11.95
  • Family - $31.95 (defined as 2 adults and 2 children)
Seniors and Students receive 10% off any regular admission.

Buy your PEI Passport at any of our seven PEI museum locations or call:

Tel: (902) 368-6600


A Heritage Passport cannot be combined with any other admission discount.