Skip to Main Content

PlaceFinder

print small medium large 

HOME /


Prince Edward Island: PlaceFinder Bonshaw, Prince Edward Island

Bonshaw, an unincorporated area, is located in Queens County in the central portion of Prince Edward Island, SE. of Victoria. Its precise location is N 4612', W 6321'.

This page is a comprehensive index of all of the information on our website related to Bonshaw. You can also search for information on other communities.

Community Photographs

Our community photographs collection includes selected photos of schools, churches, parks, and other public buildings, areas and events. .

Walking bridge

Walking bridge
Credit: 2009 Wendy MacIntyre
385 x 576 - 60K
683 x 1024 - 333K
Lupins

Lupins
Credit: 2009 Stella Hagen
1024 x 768 - 146K
640 x 480 - 266K
Fishing in Bonshaw

Fishing in Bonshaw
Credit: 2009 Stella Hagen
500 x 375 - 33K
1024 x 768 - 134K
More fishing in Bonshaw.

More fishing in Bonshaw.
Credit: 2009 Stella Hagen
500 x 375 - 34K
1024 x 768 - 131K

Visitors Guide Listings

Our Visitors Guide is a complete vacation planning manual.

The Geography of Bonshaw

Maps

You can use our interactive maps to display maps of Bonshaw and area.

Click on the map link: Show Map

Statistical Information

Bonshaw falls inside the Statistics Canada census subdivision of Lot 30. They have detailed statistical information available for the Lot 30 census subdivision for the following categories: Education,Ethnicity,Family,Income,Labour Force,Population, and Shelter.

Information courtesy Statistics Canada.

History of the Name

The official history of the geographic name Bonshaw (which can be somewhat technical, we admit):

Bonshaw (Sett., P.O.) was adopted in Place Names of PEI, 1925. Confirmed 12 December 1939 on 11L/3.Confirmed 6 May 1947 on c. 4405.Status changed to Hamlet in 1960 Gazetteer.Status changed to D.R. Comm. in 1973 Gazetteer.Status changed to Locality when it became part of the Community of Bonshaw in 1977. Named by W.W. Irving, who in the Geighteen - O fifties owned the greater part of this district, after Bonshaw Castle in Scotland - Postmaster, 1905.Place Names of PEI, 1925 and Geographical Names of PEI, 1973 confirm this.

Information courtesy Geomatics Canada .

back to top