Richmond, an unincorporated area, is located in Prince County in the western portion of Prince Edward Island, N. of Wellington.. Its precise location is N 46°30', W 63°59'.
This page is a comprehensive index of all of the information on our website related to Richmond. You can also search for information on other communities.
InfoPEI is a useful compendium of facts, addresses, pointers to businesses, governments and organizations and other reference information. To see InfoPEI information on Richmond, select a category and click GO.
|Visitors Guide Listings|
Our Visitors Guide is a complete vacation planning manual.
|The Geography of Richmond|
|Real Estate for Sale|
The following residential and commercial real estate and vacant land is currently listed in the Prince Edward Island MLS system, operated independently by the PEI Real Estate Association. Select any property and click More Information to see the listing from the MLS website, provided by the realtor. For more real estate information, see our interactive real estate map for Richmond.
Please note that while the Government of Prince Edward Island and the PEI Real Estate Association have used their best efforts to ensure the accuracy and reliability of this information, it is provided as a general reference only. The Government of Prince Edward Island and the PEI Real Estate Association assume no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of the information generated.
Richmond falls inside the Statistics Canada
census subdivision of Lot 14. They have detailed statistical information available
for the Lot 14 census subdivision for the following categories:
Education,Ethnicity,Family,Income,Labour Force,Population, and Shelter.
Information courtesy Statistics Canada.
|History of the Name|
The official history of the geographic name Richmond (which can be somewhat technical, we admit):
Richmond (Sett.,P.O.) was adopted in Place Names of PEI, 1925. Status changed to Village 2 August 1944 on 11L/12.Status changed to Hamlet in 1960 Gazetteer.Status changed to Locality when Richmond became part of the Community of Richmond in 1979. Named after Charles Lennox (1734-1806 ), 3rd Duke of Richmond and Lennox.See PN of PEI, 1925 for further details.
Information courtesy Geomatics Canada .