Employee Assistance Program
The mission of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is to contribute toward the total health of employees in order to have a productive and satisfied workforce.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is designed to help employees experiencing personal problems, which may affect job performance. EAP helps employees solve problems as early as possible before they seriously affect self, family, and work performance.
Am I eligible to apply for EAP?
The EAP program is available to:
- all probationary and permanent employees;
- casual and contract employees, as well as all other employees with six months continuous service and their immediate family members;
- Retirees within all provincial government departments, agencies and commissions, and the regional education and health boards.
What support service does EAP offer?
- parenting and child care
- financial stress
- couple/relationship stress
- midlife and retirement issues
- work-life balance
- emotional well being
- grief and loss
- job conflict
- addictions and recovery
- health issues
- job stress and burnout
- personal well being
Is there a fee to apply for EAP?
What are the benefits of EAP?
- EAP benefits everone. Employees get help with problems that can/are affecting work, family, and their well-being.
- The employer benefits by retaining employees with valuable skills and knowledge.
- Early use of the program can contribute to the prevention of serious problems for the individual employee, family, and the employer.
40B Burns Avenue
Charlottetown PE C1E 1H7
Toll Free: 1-800-239-3826
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
- Main offices - Charlottetown and Summerside
- Satellite offices - Montague and O'Leary