Public Service Commission
- Receive incident reports, investigate and monitor trends on all on-the-job accidents.
- Report back to employing authorities on safety problems and implement an educational program to address the problem.
- Provide specialized advice, inspection and assistance to the employing authorities and the Occupational Health and Safety committees and representatives on health, safety and accident trends.
- Provide assistance to employing authorities and OHS committees and representatives in facilitating first aid, WHMIS and other health and safety training.
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the PEI Public Service Commission and to the various employing authorities regarding occupational accidents, investigations, and any other relevant information.
- Liaise with the Workers’ Compensation Board for the purpose of OHS activities, accident follow-up and claims review.
- Assist employing authorities in the development of safety rules, regulations, standards and procedures.
- Assist departments with their Hearing Conservation Program.
- Provide a hearing conservation program.
- Assist with ergonomic assessments.
- Assist employing authorities with workplace inspections.