Child Sexual Abuse
To report an incident of child sexual abuse, contact Child Protection Services:
1-877-341-3101 (business hours)
1-800-341-6868 (after hours) or call 911
Child Sexual Abuse Publications and Resources
- What Happens Now? is a series of four booklets prepared in English and French by the Provincial Child Sexual Abuse Advisory Committee. The booklets provide information on child sexual abuse and what happens when child sexual abuse has been reported.
About the Provincial Child Sexual Abuse Advisory Committee
Since 1986, the Province of Prince Edward Island has been focusing its attention on the issue of child sexual abuse in an effort to raise public awareness and to enhance the level of service provided to child victims of sexual abuse and their families. Accomplishments include:
- development of a child sexual abuse rural intervention model;
- development of child sexual abuse protocol including guidelines and procedures for a coordinated response to child sexual abuse;
- establishment of the Provincial Child Sexual Abuse Advisory Committee that consists of government and community representatives;
- formation of the Charlottetown Child Abuse Interagency Committee.
Requests for public information material and/or guest speakers are welcome.
General Contact Information