Science and Technology Awareness Site
Welcome to STAS!
The Prince Edward Island Science and Technology Awareness Site (STAS), is a bilingual resource for students and teachers to learn, teach, and discover.
STAS has three key activities:
1 - On-line science & technology information, links, and activities for students, teachers and parents
2 - Mentoring activities with professional scientists, engineers, and technology experts
3 - Promotion of local, regional, and national science fair activities, project suggestions, and contact information for students and teachers
Science and technology in all forms are increasingly important to our economy and to a sound education. They also constitute important career and work opportunities for our youth. STAS aims to help students and their teacher/parents understand this through:
• Building science and technology literacy in the community
• Strong support for creative and sound science fair projects
• Links to curriculum to make integration easier for teachers in their planning and teaching
• Highlighting the everyday nature of science and technology in many jobs and workplaces on PEI, ie. in the students’ communities
• Linking science and technology to specific career options
• Highlighting the science and technology behind the key economic drivers of the PEI economy