Welcome! Here you will find the latest information about PEI Infrastructure programs.
Our goal is to improve the quality of life for all Islanders and build the foundation for sustainable, long-term economic growth.
Through National and Provincial Infrastructure programs, governments at the provincial and municipal levels are investing millions of dollars in infrastructure across Prince Edward Island.
The following links provide helpful information regarding requirements and guidelines for funding programs administered by the PEI Infrastructure Secretariat
- New Calendar of Important Infrastructure Events/Deadlines for Muncipalities
- Quick Reference Guide for Requirements of Build Canada Fund and Gas Tax Fund
- List of commonly used acronyms of Infrastructure Secretariat Office
Infrastructure is a joint initiative between the Government of Canada and the Government of Prince Edward Island. The program began in the fiscal year 2000-2001 which saw millions of dollars invested into municipalities across the province to support major capital projects.
- Gas Tax (GT)
- New Building Canada Fund (BCF)
- Provincial Infrastructure Fund (PIF)
- Clean Water and Wastewater Fund (CWWF)
Common Program Requirement
The following represents common requirements under our Funding Agreement used throughout the different Infrastructure Program. Municipalities should review these requirements so that they are able to start to gather the information or to provide the same requirements in your tenders or requests for proposals: