Tourism PEI Funding Programs
Tourism PEI offers seven investment programs: 1) Regional Product Development Fund 2) Tourism Innovation Fund 3) Festival and Events Program Fund 4) Francophone and Acadian Tourism Development Program 5) Hosting Program 6) Tourism Website French Translation Program 7) Reunion Assistance Program.
Applications will be reviewed based on eligibility and highest possible return on investment, focusing on research defined priorities for growing tourism.
1. Regional Product Development Fund: The Regional Product Development Fund has been designed specifically for Regional Tourism Associations to provide support for product development to grow tourism in their area. The deadline for applications to this program is March 1.
2. Tourism PEI Innovation Fund: assists non-profit and sector organizations in the development of tourism products that are directly related to the development of products identified in the PEI Tourism Strategy. i.e. Anne, golf, culinary, culture, and festivals. The deadline for application to this program is March 1.
3. Festivals and Events Funding Program: Financial assistance is offered to well- organized and widely marketed annual festivals and events, which have made a commitment to quality. The festival or event must clearly and specifically target off-Island participants and spectators. It must have a broader appeal than just Island residents and participants. The festival or event should provide visitors to Prince Edward Island with opportunities to experience the Island’s hospitality, heritage, culture, culinary and natural beauty. The deadline for applications to this program is March 1.
- Festivals and Events Funding Program Application and Program Criteria
- Festivals and Events Funding Program Evaluation Form Evaluations must be completed within 45 days of the festival or event, or by March 1, 2016, whichever occurs first.
4. [English] Francophone and Acadian Tourism Products Services Fund application forms:
The implementation of this financial assistance program for the development of the Acadian and Francophone tourism products on P.E.I. is made possible through the Canada PEI Agreement on French Language Services. All applications must be received and/or postmarked no later than March 8.
4.1 [Français] Fonds de service pour des produits touristiques acadiens et francophones:
- PDF remplissage mesure et sav-mesure version forme
- Gouvernement en ligne version submitt-mesure formulaire
La mise en oeuvre de ce programme d`aide financière pour le développement touristique acadien et francophone à l`Î.-P.-É. a été rendue possible grâce à l`Entente Canada/Île-du-Prince-Édouard relative aux services en français. Toutes les demandes doivent être reçues et/ou mises à la poste au plus tard le 8 de mars, le cachet de la poste faisant foi.
5. Hosting Grant Program Application and Criteria: Provides support to non-profit organizations hosting regional, national or international conferences and events with more than 200 registered delegates. This is an open program and available funds are dispensed on a first come first served basis commencing April 1st.
6. Tourism Website French Translation Support Program: Provides support for up to 75% of the cost of the translation of tourism websites into French, up to a maximum of $750. Operators must provide a minimum of “some level of french services” to visitors. Regional Tourism Associations are also eligible for support.
7. Reunion Program: Provides materials and mail out support designed to encourage Islanders to plan and hold reunions on Prince Edward Island. In order to qualify, reunions must be hosted on Prince Edward Island with a minimum of fifty out of province guests. REUNION HANDBOOK
- Development projects shall be accompanied by a detailed plan of action on the measures to be taken and an evaluation plan.
- The contribution of the applicant, other government agencies and community partners will be taken into consideration by the program management committee.
- Priorities will be those projects that are research based focusing on the product priorities of industry and government that indicates the highest possible return on investment.
- A final report which will include a financial statement and activity report must be submitted in support of all claims.
- Disbursement of funds are outlined in the program details.
Information contact Tourism PEI at 902-368-5508, firstname.lastname@example.org