Newborn Registration ServiceParents of newborns in Prince Edward Island can now get convenient bundled services through the Newborn Registration Service. It is an easy and efficient way for you to access government services related to the birth of your child. When you complete your child's Birth Registration Form (in the hospital directly following the birth), you can also apply for the following services:
- activation of your baby's PEI Health Card. The name on the card will be exactly as it appears on the signed Birth Registration Form submitted to Vital Statistics.
- your baby's Social Insurance Number (SIN) with Service Canada. The name attached to the SIN issued by Service Canada will be the same as the one that appears on your child's Birth Registration Form.
- Canada Child Benefits (CCB) with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
- Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB): a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under the age of 18.
- Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB): designed to help Canadian families by supporting their child care choices through direct financial support.
- GST/HST credit (for your child): a tax-free quarterly payment that helps individuals and families with low or modest incomes offset all or part of the HST that they pay.
Fees:There are no fees associated with this service when consent is provided on your baby's birth registration form.
Sans frais :
Lieu du service
126 Douses Roadle mode carte
Access PEI Albertonle mode carte
Access PEI O'Learyle mode carte
Access PEI Sourisle mode carte
Access PEI Summersidele mode carte
Access PEI Tignishle mode carte
Access PEI Wellingtonle mode carte