June 27, 2008
For immediate release
Anne of Green Gables Passport Explores Many of Montgomery’s Island Treasures
View details and
“The Passport is a wonderful opportunity for visitors and Islanders alike to explore Montgomery’s inspirations and her work through experiences that range from educational to entertainment,” said Docherty. “Lucy Maud Montgomery and the beloved Anne character have played significant roles in shaping our tourism industry. We hope that passport-carriers enjoy the experience offered through this promotion.”
Passports can be picked up at any of the Visitor Information Centres across the Island. A visit to one or all of the following locations will help to unravel the author’s passion for Prince Edward Island. The list includes:
• Cavendish Figurines, Gateway Village
• Lower Bedeque Schoolhouse, Lower Bedeque
• Bideford Parsonage Museum, Bideford
• Anne & Gilbert™ - The Musical
• Historic Train Station, Kensington Rail Yards, Kensington
• Anne of Green Gables Museum, Park Corner
• Lucy Maud Montgomery Birthplace, New London
• Avonlea Village, Cavendish
• Green Gables, Prince Edward Island National Park of Canada, Cavendish
• Site of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s Cavendish Home – National Historic Site, Cavendish
• Anne of Green Gables – The Musical™, Confederation Centre of the Arts, Charlottetown
• Orwell Corner Historic Village, Orwell
• Sir Andrew Macphail Homestead National Historic Site, Orwell
• The Nine Lives of L.M. Montgomery, Kings Playhouse, Georgetown
• The Montgomery Theatre, the Church at Avonlea Village, Cavendish
Participants are invited to visit at least five of the thirteen passport locations for a brass rubbing to be eligible for the chance to win a beautiful basket of Prince Edward Island products. The completed form (page three of the passport) can be dropped off to any of the Visitor Information Centres into the Tour the Island ballot box. Winners will be announced this fall.
Information is requested prior to issuing the passport so that Tourism PEI can better understand our customer, but not as a requirement to obtain one. We have a limited number of passports, so we can only provide a passport to those who request them in person. All other inquiries can be forwarded to Sherry MacDougall, Tourism PEI phone (902) 368-6332 or email email@example.com.
More information about Anne of Green Gables and L.M. Montgomery can be found at www.Anne2008.com.