December 2, 2011
For immediate release
Meeting to gauge interest in training for West Prince welders
Innovation and Advanced Learning
Holland College, Skills PEI and the Apprenticeship section of the Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning and are hosting a meeting for interested workers and employers at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, December 5, at Holland College Alberton Campus.
If interest warrants, courses would be offered in early 2012 at Holland College Alberton Campus.
Contact: SkillsPEI O’Leary (902) 859-8898
The program is being considered under the Labour Market Agreement in order to:
• increase industry and employer investment in training to improve competitiveness and productivity;
• provide employers with an opportunity to advance skill levels of existing employees;
• assist employers to fill existing and future labour shortages by increasing skills of existing workers;
• encourage partnerships between employers, employees and training providers to address training requirements;
• increase the skills of employed workers through a collaborative learning model.