aussi disponible en français
April 7, 2014
For immediate release
April a busy month for PEI 2014 celebrations
Tourism and Culture
April is gearing up to be the busiest month yet for the PEI 2014 celebrations. A wide variety of exciting festivals, events and activities are scheduled right across the province.
“April is going to be a very exciting month here on Prince Edward Island,” says Minister of Tourism and Culture, Robert Henderson. “As summer approaches and more and more activities roll out across the province we are seeing an inspiring level of pride and excitement displayed by Islanders from tip to tip.”
PEI 2014 events and activities scheduled for April:
• Dr. Magnificent’s Travelling Musical Medicine Show: April 1 – May 11 - This lively, fictional musical comedy takes a playful poke at the goings on during the 1864 Charlottetown Conference. The production will continue to tour seniors' venues, community centres and halls across PEI. For performance dates or to book the show, contact Catherine O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org. www.yahtheatre.com
• National 4-H Citizenship Seminar: April 11 – 17 - Coming to PEI for the first time, 4-H members will learn about the Charlottetown Conference and its lasting effect on our governance, citizenship, and politics today. pei4h.pe.ca
• Camp RE-LÈVE: April 11 – 13 - Acadian and Francophone youth, ages 14-18, will unite for a weekend at the Centre Goeland where they will participate in workshops on political leadership and governance that will be delivered by professionals and experts in the field. www.jeunesseacadienne.ca
• PEI 2014 Celebrations at Musical Village: April 12 - "LANCEMENT DES CÉLÉBRATIONS ACADIENNES DE IPE 2014" Held at Village Musical in the newly expanded Centre Expo in Abram-Village. The evening will start with a family oriented program and will be followed by an adult dance. Performances and activities will then continue at Musical Village throughout 2014. centreexpofestival.com
• Remember Me: April 25 - The Alzheimer Society Remember Me video captures Islanders' voices of their most special memories including messages from those who are diagnosed, their families, friends and caregivers. www.alzheimer.ca/en/pei
• Family Farm & Micro Processing Trade Show: April 26 – As part of its year-long calendar of events, the Farm Centre will host a Family Farm Trade Show - an expo for everything you need to know about small scale sustainable local food production. www.peifarmcentre.com
• Festival du bon vieux temps: April 27 - Fun filled evenings will be held at le Centre acadien de Prince-Ouest. Events will be held every last Sunday of each month for the whole year. The next event is scheduled for April 27. www.seperrey.org
For more information on these events and the more than 150 festivals, events and activities taking place across PEI throughout 2014, please visit www.pei2014.ca/events.
In 2014, Canadians will mark the 150th anniversary (Sesquicentennial) of the historic 1864 Charlottetown Conference, which led the way to the creation of Canada. PEI 2014 Inc. is facilitating the planning, promotion and implementation of the Sesquicentennial celebrations. The PEI 2014 celebrations are made possible through generous support from the Government of Canada, the Government of Prince Edward Island, and the City of Charlottetown. The year-long and province-wide PEI 2014 program of events will honour the past, celebrate the present and plan a bold tomorrow.