aussi disponible en français
October 16, 2014
For immediate release
Junior Achievement of Prince Edward Island continues to inspire and educate young Islanders about business and economics
View details and
The Honourable Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, on behalf of the Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (ACOA), and the Honourable Allen Roach, PEI Minister of Innovation and Advanced Learning, today announced support for Junior Achievement of Prince Edward Island (JAPEI) for programming during the 2014 -2015 school year.
Junior Achievement (JA) is an international not-for-profit organization focused on promoting business education through collaboration. Bringing together business leaders, educators, parents and the community, JA has a mission to help prepare youth for their future with a solid knowledge of how business works.
For nearly 30 years JAPEI has delivered programming across the Island which encourages youth to explore entrepreneurship as a future career path. Participants gain knowledge of and confidence in business concepts such as the financial literacy skills of budgeting, long term planning and investing, and a past and present view of technology and innovation in business.
• The Government of Canada is supporting this project with an $84,200 contribution through ACOA’s Business Development Program.
• The Government of Prince Edward Island will contribute $25,000 through Innovation PEI.
• Junior Achievement of Prince Edward Island aims to impact the lives of over 4,000 students in more than 230 Island classes through the delivery of its education programming.
• This project will support JAPEI in its continued efforts to inspire and educate PEI youth in grades three through twelve.
“Our Government is committed to strengthening youth programming across the country, and we understand the value of hands-on advice from experienced entrepreneurs. Junior Achievement of PEI offers this opportunity to our Island youth, and I am pleased to announce our Government’s support through ACOA.”
- The Honourable Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, on behalf of the Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency)
"Our government knows that enthusiastic young Islanders have the energy and drive to make tremendous contributions to the Island economy. We fully support Junior Achievement as it lets young people experience first-hand the challenges and rewards of the business world."
- The Honourable Allen Roach, Minister of Innovation and Advanced Learning
“It's exciting to have the federal and provincial governments continue their commitment to the youth of Prince Edward Island through JAPEI. This partnership will give JAPEI the ability to deliver top-notch curriculum-based programming in the areas of Financial Literacy, Work Readiness and Entrepreneurship to students across Prince Edward Island.”
- Betty Ferguson, President & CEO, Junior Achievement of Prince Edward Island