aussi disponible en français
March 18, 2009
For immediate release
Tourism Road Show Set to Visit Five Locations Across the Island in March
It’s an opportunity to hear information about the latest changes and newest additions within the Department, the newly implemented Integrated Tourism Solution and key objectives to drive future growth.
“This is the first time we’ve arranged to go out into the community in this type of format,” said Minister Docherty. “There was an interest on both sides to create a venue where industry and the Department could meet and discuss opportunities and share ideas. The Department has implemented some changes and we want to be able to discuss these latest changes and newest additions with industry face-to-face.”
Along with Tourism PEI and regional tourism associations, other partners such as the Tourism Advisory Council, The Tourism Industry Association of PEI and Dunne Consulting (co-op advertising program) will be on hand to answer questions.
The schedule for the five Tourism Road Shows is as follows:
1. Monday, March 23 at 6:30 p.m. – Stanley Bridge Women’s Institute Hall – Cavendish Beaches & the Dunes Shores Association/Kensington & Area Tourism Association
2. Wednesday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m. – Kaylee Hall, Poole’s Corner – Island East Tourism Group
3. Monday, March 30 at 6 p.m. – Expo Centre, Abram-Village – Association Touristique Evangeline/Tourism Summerside/Western PEI Tourism Association
4. Tuesday, March 31 at 4 p.m. – Seaport Event Centre, Historic Charlottetown Waterfront – Tourism Charlottetown
5. Tuesday, March 31 at 7 p.m. – Dutch Inn, Cornwall – South Shore Tourism Group