aussi disponible en français
May 23, 2014
For immediate release
Prince Edward Island Rural Action Centres continue helping Island entrepreneurs grow businesses
Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development
View details and
Fisheries and Oceans Minister Gail Shea, on behalf of the Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (ACOA), and PEI Fisheries and Aquaculture and Rural Development Minister Ron MacKinley were in Alberton to announce a combined investment of $331,000 for the four Rural Action Centres on Prince Edward Island.
This funding will support Ventures 2000 Limited, the Central Development Corporation, RDÉE Î.-P.-É., and Active Communities Inc. to help small and medium-sized businesses and Island-based entrepreneurs grow their businesses across Prince Edward Island.
• The Government of Canada, through ACOA’s Business Development Program, has invested a total of $165,500 into the centres. The Government of Prince Edward Island, through the Department of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development has also invested a total of $165,500.
• This funding will allow the Rural Action Centres to continue with their daily operations as they provide support for local small and medium-sized businesses and community organizations through access to programming, training, business counseling, and temporary office space for business commuters.
• Rural Action Centres are client-focused, one-stop-service centres housing multiple federal, provincial and non-government organizations that are all focused on business and community development.
“The Rural Action Centres in Prince Edward Island are a great resource for rural-based entrepreneurs in our area to receive information on federal and provincial programs and services, counselling services and training. I am pleased to announce our Government’s investment in these centres to help strengthen small and medium-sized businesses across Prince Edward Island.”
- The Honourable Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, on behalf of the Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency)
“The Province of Prince Edward Island is pleased to support projects, like the Rural Action Centres, that strengthen community infrastructure and expand economic opportunities for the people of Prince Edward Island. We will continue to make investments across the province that help support the development of our rural communities and improve the lives of Islanders.”
- The Honourable Ron MacKinley, PEI Minister of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development
“We are very grateful for the funding provided to us by both levels of government. This support enables us to be a resource centre for businesses in our area and allows Island-based entrepreneurs to grow their business.”
- Ms. Maxine Rennie, Executive Director, Ventures 2000 Limited