Skip to Main Content


Other FAQs

I have a disability and require special assistance. Do I have to indicate this on my application?

Your response to this question on the application is voluntary. If you are invited for an interview, however, please advise the person booking the interview what type of special assistance you may require.

Are all PEI Public Service and Health Sector positions unionized?

Most positions within the PEI Public Service and Health Sector are represented by a union. The job advertisement will indicate if a position is unionized and if so, by which bargaining unit (eg. UPSE, PEINU, CUPE, IUOE). Non-unionized positions are identified on the job postings as Excluded.

How can I find out about student work experience, internship and summer employment programs with the PEI Public Service?

Information around these services can be found under Other Employment Opportunities.

Do any positions require the use of French language?

Yes, some positions require fluency in both English and French. The requirement for proficiency in English and French, or a bilingual position will be stated in the job advertisement. You must have this skill to be selected to participate in the interview process and your level of proficiency will be assessed by the PEI Public Service Commission’s French Language Services

How do I find out more about a particular department that I am applying to?

Find the respective departmental or agency website of interest to you from the government directory.
back to top