aussi disponible en français
January 17, 2014
For immediate release
Upgrades to facilities at the Crapaud Exhibition Grounds
Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development
Group receives funding to undertake upgrades to popular community exhibition grounds.
Fisheries and Oceans Minister Gail Shea and PEI Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development Minister Ron MacKinley were in Crapaud today to announce a combined investment of $72,141 for the Crapaud Exhibition Association to help them undertake enhancements to their facility.
The Association will construct accessible washrooms to make their facility more accommodating for the thousands of visitors who take part in the many competitions held at their Exhibition grounds each year.
• The Government of Canada, through ACOA, is investing a total of $60,118 in this initiative and the Government of Prince Edward Island, through the Department of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development, is investing a total of $12,023 to help with the upgrades.
• These upgrades will help to ensure the Crapaud Exhibition Grounds continue to be recognized as an excellent producer of agricultural shows, events and competitions.
• The Crapaud Agriplex continues to grow, offering more events and competitions each season. These upgrades will allow the Exhibition Association to welcome thousands of visitors each season and make their stay in Crapaud more comfortable.
“I am proud to announce our Government’s support for the Crapaud Exhibition,” said Minister Shea. “Vibrant and sustainable communities require solid infrastructure for future prosperity. By investing in local infrastructure, we are helping to stimulate the economy and maintain a high quality of life for Islanders.”
- The Honourable Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, on behalf of the Honourable Rob Moore, Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency)
“The Department of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development is proud to support an expansion of the Crapaud Exhibition Grounds. The volunteer based organization has earned a solid reputation for hosting some of the top agricultural showcases in the region. The latest renovations will allow the Crapaud Exhibition to better accommodate visitors and participants as the popular event continues to grow."
- The Honourable Ron MacKinley, PEI Minister of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development
“We are very pleased to receive this funding from both levels of government. These facility upgrades will allow us to better serve the visitors we welcome to our various events throughout the year. It also gives more capacity to continue to grow and offer more services to people visiting our community.”
- Mr. Elmer MacDonald, President of the Crapaud Exhibition Association